Thursday, 12 January 2012

Basics: Trimming Natural Hair


Trim! Trim! Trim those ends! Here is my simple trimming technique.

You Will Need: 

  • Sharp, hair scissors specifically kept for hair trimming. Using dull hair scissors will cut your hair, but the cut may not be a clean cut. Clean cuts are always better than  jagged ones...ask a surgeon:P 
  • Moisturized hair
  • Hair ties/ separation clips

Directions: 

  • Moisturize and seal your hair as you normally do. Some Naturals like to blow dry the hair or band it to elongate the hair, but I prefer to keep my hair in its most natural state. We are not doing a major cut so it is not necessary to do much hair preparation. 
  • Do medium sized, two- strand twists on your hair. You can do smaller or larger if you choose, but I find that medium size lowers the amount of time that I spend trimming my hair and my ends are well trimmed.

  • After twisting your hair, section your twists.

  • Starting from the very back,  inspect each twist and trim the parts of that twist that look unhealthy.
Before

After

2 comments: