Why the change?
Although my hair routine does not change dramatically, I decide to alter my routine for the following reasons:
- Autumn weather is generally more windy and less humid where I live. More wind and less humidity usually mean more dryness. You guys know I do.not. like. dry hair:P
- October to the rest of the semester is the time when school really starts to pick up and I find that low manipulations styles work best for my busy schedule.
What changes do you make ?
Very few.I opt for more "tucked away" styles and play with individual braids and other forms of protective styles more often. Other than that, I just wash and moisturize my hair as usual.
Any final words?
As the seasons change, the weather may cause you to change your own routine. Embrace the change and see it as an opportunity to be more creative while protecting your hair from the elements. Pay attention to what your hair needs and act accordingly. It may be beneficial to ask yourself some of the following questions:
- How does the wind affect my hair?
- How does the lowered temperature affect my hair?
- Do my products work the same?
- Do I even need to adjust my hair regimen?
- Does a different oil/butter work better during this time?
- How does my lifestyle affect my ability to maintain my hair?
Until next time!