Saturday, 20 August 2011

Soap Box Special: Professional Natural Hair



Natural hair and professional hair are not mutually exclusive. When I hear people say," Natural hair isn't professional." or anything related to that, I roll my eyes and try to move away as quickly as I don't like sustained exposure to foolishness.


The figure below demonstrates the percentage of natural hair that can be characterized as professional. Please note: the percentages are based on subjective and arbitrary values... much like the term "professional".



Final Words: You as an adult are capable of deciding for yourself what you consider professional.


5 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I follow a lot of natural hair blogs and added you to my roll, because I LOVE your styles. I've been natural for about 14 months, and the only protective style i've mastered so far are 2 strand twists. I can braid, but haven't done any up-do's with my braids or twists

    All of your styles with individual braids seem very neat. Can you do a post about how you braid and twist? Can you explain whether or not you stretch (using the thread large twists) and how you get such a uniform look? How long does it take, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a comment! I appreciate it.

    I will definitely do a post about my braids. It should be up by this weekend:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I just did the post you requested. If I missed any questions, don't hesitate to mention it:D http://froenvy.blogspot.com/2011/08/individual-braids-fro-envy-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice on the moisture part. I have noticed that it is hard for natural hair to look bad if it is well moisturized.
    D.b

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't have said it more eloquently myself!

    ReplyDelete