- Put your hair up. I do not recommend leaving your hair out in an afro. Smaller braids, cornrows, a bun, or updo, keeps your hair out of sight and mind.
- Pack some of your leave-in and an oil so you can moisturize if necessary
- Take your shampoo and conditioner in case you have time to wash your hair.
- Wear a hat after you get out of the water. The sun is drying.
- Wash your hair when you can. Salt water is also drying.
- Pay special attention to your scalp. Sand and salt water can get on your scalp and can cause dryness and itchiness.
- Moisturize your hair as you usually do and be prepared for some extra pampering.